Finding Your Passion






This weekend I took my daughter to visit her college campus. The defining moment was watching her wander through the science building and gape into the labs. Her face, wide eyes, and jaw drop was a throwback to age three, and I knew she was passionate about being there. That 30 second moment reaffirmed she is precisely where she needs to be. 

What is your passion? That question was asked of me a few weeks ago, and I shocked my interrogator by answering so quickly. Without a doubt, writing. I love to write. But I qualified my answer because I do a lot of things with passion. I commune with water as often as possible. I love creating healthy and delicious meals. I exercise in a way that feels right and sustainable for me. I devote time every morning to play my ukelele. I read and absorb many types of publications. I love to engross in conversation with a diverse population. I seek out outstanding live music. And I am always planning the next travel adventure. 

Want to find your areas of passion? Take an inventory. Review your credit card and bank statements. What are you spending your resources on? Check your calendar. What do you block time for? What books, magazines, or websites do you read? What’s bookmarked? What do you enjoy teaching others? What are you doing when you lose track of time? The more you overthink what your passion might be, the more paralyzing it becomes.

So here’s the thing, passion is not something you find; it is something you do. There is an implication that our passion is hiding and when we find it, we will be so much happier and fulfilled. In my opinion, passion is about putting your entire self into whatever you do. Doing it right. Halfhearted efforts are a reflection that you are not sure; you are waiting for magic fairy dust to appear and deliver. 

Exercise: Be Passionate About Everything
Have a sit down with a friend or acquaintance with zero distractions. 
Give every bit of energy into one workout this week. 
Genuinely try to do your very best in everything you do. 

My Life’s Lesson: Whatever you do, do so passionately with your whole heart and soul. 

From the sweetest spot in my heart to yours, may your week be filled with wholehearted passions.
~Audrey



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rationalilty

Receiving

Tears